Why Gastritis can be a serious threat

By -

Gastric problems have become common for many people irrespective of age, place and gender. Work stress and lack of proper eating habits clubbed with irregular lifestyle have ignited this problem. Even lack of physical work has been the cause. As per records, 40 percent of the global populace is suffering from gastric problems. Amongst this percentage, 80 percent of people are suffering from non-ulcer dyspepsia and G.E.R.D. and the remaining 20 percent are suffering from gastric ulcers and cancers related to it.

Gastritis is nothing but the pain and swelling of the mucosal layers present in the intestine due to inflammation. Sometimes this situation may arise even without any reason and this situation is called as functional or non-ulcer dyspepsia. Stress and anxiety are two primary causes for many of the gastric problems.

Photo Credit: http://ayurvedicstrip.com

When gastric problems stay for few days and go off then it is known as acute gastritis and if the symptoms and problems stay for a longer time then it is known as chronic gastritis. Negligence can lead to ulcers and even cancers, in the long run.

Causes of gastritis:

•    Intake of too much alcohol.

•    Certain kind of medicines taken for a longer time such as aspirin and other kinds of pain killers.

•    Certain kind of bacteria such as helicobacter filarial.

•    Increased production of digestive enzymes.

•    Depression and anxiety.

•    Hereditary problems.

•    Improper food timings.

•    High amounts of coffee and tea.

•    Genetic problems.

•    Intake of more spices.

All these are the causes of gastric problems in many people.

Symptoms of gastritis:

•    Stomach pain or inflammation (this is mostly on the upper part of the abdomen).

•    Belching.

•    Stomach blot.

•    Lack of appetite.

•    Feeling of fullness even with less intake of food.

•    Gastric ulcers.

•    Vomiting and nausea.

•    Change in the color of stool.

•    Blood in the stool.

•    Lack of sleep.

•    Blood vomiting.

How to diagnose gastritis?

First and foremost thing to do before going for tests is to know completely the symptoms and family history. After knowing in detail, these two things visit the doctor. Based on your condition the doctor may suggest stool test, blood test to know HB percentage in the blood. X-ray and endoscopy are also needed at times.

Precautions to take for gastritis:

•    Eat food at the proper time.

•    Stay off from smoking and drinking.

•    Eat warmer food than too much hot food.

•    Foods should be less spicy.

•    Exercise regularly.

•    Don’t sleep as soon as you eat. Stay awake for minimum 2 hours.

•    Stay calm and beat the stress.

Follow these and you can see lessening of gastric problems.

Leave a Reply

Comodo SSL