The numbers of people suffering from urinary system infections are on the rise these days due to many reasons. Though many suffer from urinary system related infections people have no idea of what actually it is and also the symptoms related to it. This infection is present more in women than in men as per studies. The report has also found that one out of every women have urinary system related infections. Keeping this in view we are giving you the details about this silent killer.
What are urinary tract infections?
The presence of infection due to bacteria in any of the urinary tract parts such as kidneys, ureter, bladder, and urethra or in all of them is called as urinary tract infection.
Symptoms of urinary tract infection:
• Pain and inflammation during urination
• Presence of blood in urine
• Too much urination or too frequent urination
• Dark color of the urine
• Frequent fever
Points to remember:
• Women are more prone to urinary tract infections than men. The reason is simple the urethra is small and so is prone to more infections as the bacteria have correct breeding ground.
• When the signs and symptoms are not noticed at the proper time and when these are not treated at the correct time then the chances of bacteria reaching the kidney and spoiling it are high.
• Urinary tract infections generally begin with type 1 urethra and this is known as urethritis. Burning sensation can be experienced at this stage. In type 2 cystitis urethra gets infected. Symptoms such as problems in stomach and pressure in the pelvic area can be noticed. The last but not the least type 3 is the most dangerous and is known as pyelonephritis. In this stage, the kidneys are affected.
• Chances are high that the symptoms may restart even after getting the complete cure.
• Diabetics are more prone to get affected with urinary tract infections (UTI).
Precautionary measures to take for UTI:
• Drink 6 to 8 liters of water each day.
• Don’t postpone the urination for more time.
• Clean the urination part soon after urination.
• Always wear clean inners.
Follow these and you can easily evade the chances of falling prey to UTI.