Protection is necessary in all spheres of life-real or virtual and what else other than a top class antivirus can provide the much needed security to a personal computer? Computer desktops and laptops are more prone to security threats like viruses, worms, spyware, Trojans, back doors and many other malwares and with every passing day, new additions are being done by hackers that make your system even more susceptible to attack. If you can’t specify the right measures at the right time, you may end up losing your important data and information. Thankfully, unlike to the earlier belief, modern antiviruses do not make the computer slower and also are capable of providing a better security without the need of a regular maintenance from the users’ side. All you need to do is to keep few points in mind when you choose the best antivirus for your machine.
- The antivirus that you choose for yourself must be able to provide protection above everything else. Day by day malware coders are becoming increasingly powerful and finding out several methods of intruding into the security holes. The threat not only come from malware but also from several way outs like rootkits, email phishing, keyloggers as well as from others. So the better the antivirus can combat with different types of software protection threats, better will be its chance to be chosen.
- It is important to check the various feature of the antivirus, how much space it needs to be stored, what is the registration fees and by what interval it needs to be updated. It should not so happen that in order to protect the machine; the software tends to make your machine slower and slower and thus killing on the performance level ultimately. So take a survey from the industry experts and know which one is the best for you and your requirements.
- The antivirus will be installed by the user itself and also will be updated by him only. Hence it is important for the manufacturer to prepare the software in such a way so that it becomes easier for a naïve user to install setup and implement the same.
- An antivirus software itself is a very complex product of code but when it comes to be used by a user, it cannot be that complicated otherwise the user won’t be able to use it at all. The most important point here is maintenance which must not be that rigorous so that it becomes tough for a novice user to continue with the software.
- Some antivirus need regular updates which are sometimes auto downloaded from the internet which might cause another issue with the protection of the machine. However, an antivirus without being updated frequently cannot work properly-so you as a buyer need to have the complete information before purchasing and should know the details of the task by your own.
- Choose an antivirus that can provide you with the right help and support when needed. Remember, you need to protect the protector that saves your machine to be vulnerable in the virtual world.