Pickles are tasty, spicy and watering. They also have long life and can easily be carried out when you are travelling. They are even healthy according to nutritionists when take moderately. Here are few mango pickle recipes for you to try. Try them before the mango season ends as mango is a seasonal fruit.
Red chili mango pickle:
1) ½ a kilo of red chilies
2) 125 grams of salt
3) 2 teaspoons of fenugreek seeds powder
4) 4 tablespoons of oil
5) 125 grams of tamarind juice
Ingredients needed for seasoning the pickle:
1) 2 tablespoons of mustard seeds
2) 10 garlic cloves
3) Pinch of asafetida
4) ½ teaspoon of fenugreek seeds
- Clean the red chilies neatly using water.
- Allow them to dry in sunlight so that they are completely free from water.
- Cut the red chilies into pieces.
- Now add salt and tamarind juice to these pieces.
- Pound all of them well.
- Take a dry container. Remember it should completely be dry.
- Ad little oil to the container and place the pounded pickle in the container.
- Now seal the container using the cap and place the bottle aside without touching for 3 days.
- Remove the cap on the 3rd day and stir the pickle.
- Take 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds powder and fry it and keep aside.
- Take 3 tablespoons of oil in a pan and heat the oil. Once the oil is heated fry garlic cloves, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds and asafetida.
- Place them aside and allow them to cool.
- Now add fenugreek powder to the pickle in the container and mix well.
- Finally add the rest of the seasoning and its ready to eat.
1) Green mango pieces-4 cups
2) 2 cups of chili powder
3) One and half cup of mustard seeds powder
4) 1.25 cup of salt
5) 1 teaspoon of turmeric
6) 2 teaspoons of cumin seeds powder and fenugreek seeds powder
7) Ginger and garlic paste-2 tablespoons
8) 3 cups of sesame seeds oil
Ingredients needed for seasoning:
1) 1 teaspoon of black grams
2) 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
3) 1 teaspoon of mustard seeds
4) 6 dry chilies
- Add oil to a pan and heat it.
- Take a big bowl and spoon. They should be completely dry.
- Now place mango pieces, turmeric, salt, chili powder, cumin seeds powder, and fenugreek seeds powder in that big bowl. Add lukewarm oil to them and mix them well.
- Take oil in a pan and all the seasoning material once the oil is heated. Fry them well.
- Add ginger and garlic paste to this seasoning material.
- Finally pour this mix in mango pickles.
- Place it as such for a day.
- The next day mix the pickle well and add one more cup of lukewarm oil. Mix it well and it is ready to eat.