You don’t need to rush to the parlor every time there’s an occasion. Rejuvenate your skin with these easy homemade face masks from time to time, and watch your face genuinely glow with the goodness of health.
7 Make-at-Home Natural Face Masks
Homemade Banana face mask
Mash half a banana and mix it with the white of one egg and some curd. Apply on your face and wash off after 15 minutes for instantly glowing skin.
Cucumber Face Masks
- Cucumber is a skin lightener. Mix cucumber, lime juice and turmeric (also add glycerine, if your skin is dry). The mixture is not thick, so to avoid it from flowing off your face, apply with cotton balls, allow the face to soak the goodness for 15 minutes, then wash off with cold water. This is a natural face mask for dry skin.
- Mix cucumber with watermelon juice and yoghurt. Watermelon acts as a toner and removes blemishes. To bind well, you can use regular flour, gram flour or milk powder.
Oatmeal face masks
- Blend the oatmeal. Now add hot water to it. Once the paste thickens, add some honey, lemon juice and yoghurt. Apply on to your face and wash off after it dries.
- You can also add mashed tomato to the oatmeal paste for extra radiance.
Gram flour and curd face mask
- Mix gram flour with curd and apply onto face. Wash off when dry for naturally fair skin.
- Alternatively, make a paste of gram flour, lime juice, turmeric and rose water. Apply on face and allow it to dry. Wash off with cold water smooth, silky and glowing skin.
Natural Honey Face Mask
Mix mashed tomato with honey and lemon juice. Blend all three together and apply. A star combination, lemon juice lightens, honey cleans and moisturizes and tomato gives extra glow to your skin.
Turmeric and sandalwood face mask
Mix one part of turmeric and one part of sandalwood powders with 3 parts of rose water. Apply the paste on your face, and wash off after 20 minutes. Turmeric is an antiseptic and sandalwood is one of the best natural remedies for maintaining a clear and glowing skin. Hence this face mask is also effective for curing pimples and acne, lending your skin instant glow, that’s long-lasting too!
Baking soda face mask
Add one tea-spoon of baking soda to the same measure of extra virgin oil and half teaspoon of honey. Make a paste (add in more baking soda to make it thicker if you want) and apply it on your face. Baking soda exfoliates the skin and reduces redness caused by breakouts. It helps treat acne and pimples and boosts blood circulation.
Two other very effective DIY face masks for glowing skin, that are slightly more time-taking:
- Dry orange peels in shade, grind and powder them. Use them in combination with yoghurt for a golden glow.
- Rice soaked in milk (for about 2 hours) and grinded into granular paste also makes for an excellent face scrub.