No taste can withstand the taste of the pickles. Be it sauce or some other gravy, their taste is nothing before the taste of pickles. Pickles have been in vogue in Mediterranean regions, more importantly in India. They are not only tasty but are also healthy when taken in limitation. Here are 2 mango pickle recipes you can try. They are easy and also stay long.
Indian gooseberry mango pickle:
- 10 to 12 Indian gooseberries
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon of Black gram
- 2 teaspoons of Bengal gram
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon of mustard seeds
- 2 stems of curry leaves
- Pinch of asafetida powder
- 8 red chilies
- ½ teaspoon of chili powder
- 6 green chilies
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- Little amount of Tamarind juice
- 4 tablespoons of oil
- Boil two tablespoons of oil in a pan.
- Take few cumin seeds, Black grams, Bengal grams and mustard seeds. Add them to heated oil and fry them till they turn red.
- Now take them out and heat dry chilies and green chilies separately in the same oil and place them aside.
- Now wash the Indian gooseberries cleanly and rub them with a dry towel and place them aside.
- Add some more oil to the pan and heat the oil. Once the oil is heated, fry Indian gooseberries in heated oil.
- Sprinkle a little salt and cover the pan with lid.
- Allow them to boil on low flames for 5 minutes and add tamarind juice.
- Keep boiling Indian gooseberries till they are boiled well.
- Now take all the fried spices and make a paste by grinding.
- Add chili powder, sugar, salt and garlic cloves to it and make a thick paste.
- Once the paste is made again add Indian gooseberries and tamarind juice nad grind well.
- Take 1 teaspoon of oil in a pan and heat it. Once the oil is heated add 1 dry chili, cumin seeds, and mustard seeds. Once it is heated add this to pickle and it is ready for eating.
Mustard mango pickle:
- 20 green mangoes
- 1-kilo chili powder
- 1-kilo salt
- 1-kilo mustard powder
- 11/2-liter sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons of asafetida powder
- 150 grams of fenugreek seeds powder
- Wipe the mangoes using a wet cloth.
- Cut them into pieces and place aside.
- Now take all the above said powders in a big bowl and mix them well.
- Add 1-liter oil to the paste and mix well.
- Add mango pieces to this.
- Place them in a container and cover the opening with a cloth.
- Open it after 3 days and check the taste. If you feel it tastes less salt add required amount of salt and ½ liter oil. Mix well.
- Post 10 days it is ready to eat.