We all know brown rice is good and healthier than white rice but we don’t prefer eating because it tastes not so good. Why not try to give it taste. Here are few tasty brown rice recipes. These add taste and also nutritional value to already fully packed nutritional brown rice.
1) Brown rice padding:
- 1 cup of brown rice powder
- 4 teaspoons of sugar
- 1 liter milk
- 4 teaspoons of honey
- 3 tablespoons of almonds
- 3 tablespoons of vanilla
- 6 tablespoons of condensed milk
- Golden foil for decoration
- Take a saucepan and fry brown rice powder.
- Next add milk and boil on low flames for 3 minutes.
- Add honey and sugar.
- Take almonds, condensed milk, vanilla and brown rice mix in a cup.
- Now bake the cup for 2 minutes at 150 degrees temperature.
- Finally decorate with golden foil and eat.
2) Brown rice salad:
- 2 cups of boiled brown rice
- 1 onion (cut into small pieces)
- 1 capsicum (cut into small pieces)
- Fistful of carrot grate
- Fistful of cabbage grate
- 1 garlic clove (cut into small pieces)
- 1 tomato (remove seeds and cut into small pieces)
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil or gingili oil
- 1 ginger piece that is half inch in size (cut into small pieces)
- ½ teaspoon of pepper powder
- Required amount of salt
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Take oil in a pan and add oil. Heat oil and once oil gets heated fry onion and garlic pieces. Don’t over fry them.
- Next add all the vegetable pieces and fry for 2 or 3 minutes on high flames.
- Add salt, pepper powder and lemon juice. Mix them well.
- Finally add boiled brown rice and that’s it……you are ready to eat it.
3) Spicy brown rice:
- One and half cup of brown rice
- ½ cup of Mint leaves
- ½ cup of Coriander leaves
- 2 green chilies (cut into pieces)
- Garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon of Olive oil
- 8 cloves
- 1 inch cinnamon
- 3 Elaichis
- Cauliflower (cut into pieces)
- 1 Carrot (cut into pieces)
- 5 French beans (cut into pieces)
- Salt for taste
- 4 ½ cups of vegetable stock
- Soak brown rice in water for 2 hours
- Make green pickle by grinding mint, garlic, green chilies and mint.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cinnamon, cloves, Elaichi and ginger and fry them.
- Add cauliflower, carrot and brown rice. Mix them well.
- Take 3 spoons of green pickle and salt. Add them and mix well.
- Finally add French beans and vegetable stock and cover a lid.
- Allow it to boil well and it is ready for consumption.