Adiposis edematosa or dermopanniculos, which is commonly called as ‘’cellulite’’ though isn’t a serious skin problem it gives odd looks and is very common in matured women. According to a study, 90% of women are affected with cellulite at a certain stage in their life. To say it in simpler terms cellulite is a condition wherein the skin looks dimpled and puffy especially in the areas of thighs, abdomen, hips, and buttocks. Most of the creams and treatments may look like a real treatment but actually aren’t, in this wake let us know the causes, symptoms and home remedies of cellulite to fight it better instead of wasting money on artificial treatments that aren’t effective.
Causes of cellulite:
Cellulite is divided into 3 grades and the cellulite causes are many beginning with hormonal imbalances to improper diet habits. Here are the main culprits that cause cellulite.
- Hormonal factors – Hormones supposedly anchor the main role in the development of cellulite. Many suppose insulin, estrogen, noradrenaline, prolactin and thyroid hormones to take part in the formation of cellulite.
- Genetics – Certain types of genes are needed for cellulite growth. Genes could predispose a person to particular characters linked to cellulite, such as race, gender, low metabolism, fat distribution just below the skin, & circulatory deficiency.
- Diet – People who consume high fat, salt or carbohydrates, and less fiber are more prone to cellulite.
- Lifestyle- Cellulite is more rampant in smokers, persons with no adequate exercise, and also in those who stand or sit in the same position for longer time.
- Clothing – The clothing also has major say in the formation of cellulite. People wearing tight elastic inners across the buttocks are more prone to cellulite as the blood flow is limited due to tight inners.
Signs & symptoms of cellulite:
The cellulite symptoms are majorly common and can be identified with ease.
Cellulite appears like bumpy and dimpled skin. Areas infected with cellulite are at times explained as possessing orange peel texture or a cottage cheese.
Mild cellulite can only be sensed when you pinch the skin in the affected area, such as the thighs. And more severe cellulite turns the skin look bumpy and rumpled with puffs and swells.
Though common in women around the butt and thighs it can even occur on lower abdomen, breasts, back, neck and upper arms too.
Home remedies for cellulite:
As said above no treatment is 100% sure to cure cellulite and still, the medical trials are underway to find the exact cellulite treatment. As far as treatment for cellulite is concerned it is better to rely on natural cellulite remedies such as home remedies. Here are those remedies that you can make at home.
Water: It may sound simple but it is the most natural cellulite remedy water disposes of excessive fat and toxins and so cellulite reduces naturally.
Dry Brush: Dry brushing promotes healthy blood circulation. It even opens up the skin pores. When this occurs, you get rid of build-ups and toxins that lead to cellulite. The best way for dry brushing is before bathing, dry brush the cellulite areas like thighs and butts. Ensure you do not dampen the brush and cologne. Dry brushing even removes dead skin cells.