There is an increase in the number of people using Gmail and this email client provides a wide range of features. Here are the details about how to set up auto responder in this account.
Sometimes most of the working professionals take a leave from their job for spending some days along with their children on their holidays. This is done not only by working professionals, but also some entrepreneurs, who is operating a small firm on their own wish to get a leave from their stressful business life. But, if suddenly their children has been announced a leave for one or two days and they want their dad or mom to spend time with them, they will have no other option other than taking a day or two of break. In such a situation, they get a doubt as to how to inform the same to their colleagues or subordinates or even clients. If they are using the email client of Gmail, they can easily do this. This is made possible by the auto-responder feature provided by this email client.
These people can make use of this feature that will automatically reply to the mails. When the auto responder feature is enabled from the settings page, it will automatically reply to anybody sending mails. Now, you might be having a question in your mind as to how to set up auto responder in Gmail. Let us get into the details in this respect:
- There will be a symbol, which is called as gear at the top right of your gmail account
- Click on the symbol and go to settings.
- There will be a tab called general and from here select the auto responder on under the section called vacation responder.
- Then, type the subject and the message you will have to pass to the people from whom you are receiving mails.
- If you have already enabled a personalized signature in your settings, it will be posted at the bottom of your message automatically by Gmail.
- Then, enable the check mark next to ‘only send a response to people in my contact’. This can be done if you do not want everyone sending the message that you are not in a position to access your mail.
- Finally, save the changes made.
When this feature is enabled, you will see a banner across the top of your mail account page, where you can find the subject you have typed in the auto responder. If you want to stop the feature after returning, all you have to do is to just click on the end now option, which can be found within the banner. On the other hand, you can change the response as well by clicking on the tab called ‘vacation settings’.