Many people don’t like bitter gourd as it has bitter both in name and taste. Despite tasting bitter it is always sweet to health as it has many essential things needed for sound body and healthy mind. If you are afraid of eating due to its bitter taste then try these recipes that can lessen the bitterness of this marvelous vegetable. Here we go with different easy bitter gourd recipes.
1) Crispy bitter gourd:
- ¼ kilo bitter gourd
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 2 onions (make paste)
- Sufficient salt
- 2 tablespoons of chili powder or pepper powder
- 1 cup of Gram Flour
- 1 spoon of ginger paste
- 1 spoon of garlic paste
- Cut the bitter gourds (don’t cut them completely into two halves, cut them only to little more than half extent and leave the remaining as such)
- Now mix turmeric and buttermilk and boil the bitter gourds in it
- Take a bowel and add all the ingredients excluding oil. One more thing to do is you will take only 1 spoon of gram flour and leave the rest as such. Mix all of them well to make a thick paste
- Add this paste into each of the bitter gourd (paste should be placed in the gap that is made due to cutting)
- Now take the remaining gram flour, add water and if needed salt and make paste
- Add oil to pan, dip the bitter gourds in gram flour paste and fry them once the oil gets heated.
That’s it one of the easiest crispy bitter gourd healthy recipes is ready.
2) Spicy bitter gourd:
- 4 bitter gourds
- 2 tablespoons of fennel powder
- 2 tablespoons of coriander seeds powder
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- Half cup of mango pulp
- 3 tablespoons of cashew nut powder
- 2 tablespoons of jaggery powder
- 2 tablespoons of chili powder
- Required amounts of salt and oil
- Take all the ingredients except bitter gourds and make a thick paste
- Peel the outer layer of the bitter gourds
- Make a small hole and remove the seeds present inside them
- Boil these in water for four minutes and take them out
- Use a cloth or tissue paper to absorb the water in them.
- Add the paste into each of it through the hole made
- Add oil to pan and fry them little.
That’s it your tasty spicy bitter gourd is ready.
There are also many other recipes that you can try with this healthy vegetable. Avoiding them as they taste bitter is nothing but avoiding many vital elements present in them for our health. If bitterness alone is the problem then add little sugar while you make different recipes with them but don’t forego them for your own health.