We always knew flowers as decorative and fragrant items. But you will be surprised to know that they are even edibles. Eating some kinds of flowers will give health say the experts. Here are some flowers which give you health when you eat them. Here we go with the health benefits of eating flowers.
1) Flowers from apple and orange plants are voraciously used in lesser quantities in many culinary methods in China.
2) Chrysanthemum flowers can be used in tea; they are high in anti-inflammatory and anti-carcinogenic by nature. They also effectively cure injuries on body.
3) Bauhinia Acuminata can be used to decorate salads and can also be used to make tea. It has high amounts of antioxidants and anthocyanins which are highly useful for health. These flowers are highly effective in treating anemia and also useful in reducing cholesterol.
5) We all would have seen peony flowers in many functions as they are used extensively to decorate. You will be surprised to know that it is used to cure depression, so why to run to psychiatrists when you can eat it.
6) Highly intoxicating jasmine can be used in preparing green tea and also in different salads. These have anti-inflammatory and anti-carcinogenic qualities.
7) Mari gold flowers are extensively used in tea preparation, mostly in China. These flowers have the quality of reducing injuries in less time. They are rich in a vitamin called lutein that is highly effective in warding off eye related diseases.
8) Though Pansy flowers don’t look good to eyes due to their dark colored nature, they are good to heart and kidneys functions. They are also highly effective in treating blood related issues. It is rich source to potassium and other kind of minerals.
9) Rose has special place in Chinese medical dictionaries. This flower has phenols and is also highly anti-inflammatory in character. They even have high amounts of vitamins. Eating them will easily cure many diseases such as heart problems, different types of cancers and also helps in reducing diabetic symptoms.
10) Chrysanthemum is a well known flower that is extensively used in tea preparation, In fact Chrysanthemum tea is a well known tea across the globe. It is rich in antioxidants and minerals that are good for health. It is also highly anti-inflammatory and anti-carcinogenic by nature.
Going by these you would have by now known that there is thick connection between flowers and health benefits. There are many flowers that can be used to cook, so why waste time rush to gardens and see if you have any of the above mentioned flowers and grow in health. But see to that you grow these flower plants organically for even better effects and remember only flowers should be used and not the stems.