Having children in the home not only brings immense joy but will also bring extra work and safety concerns. Children are always active and never stay at a single place. Controlling and sticking them in a single place is always a herculean task. And with this tendency, their safety is always a question. But following these kids safety tips will keep your child safe…
1) The first precaution to take when you have kids in your home is to see to that you make the bedroom safe for them. Many of the parents stuff the bedroom with big pillows that are cushiony. But actually these pillows can be hazardous to children as they can cause breathing problems. So it is always better not to keep heavy pillows in bedrooms. Children are even prone to accidents as they try to jump and play with them. Even stuffed toys and bulgy beds should be avoided for the safety of them. Prefer flat beds and pillows for children.
2) Keep the play area of children free. Keep cupboards and other cabinets away from their playing zone. These things might accidentally fall on them and cause injuries to children.
3) One more precaution to take is to keep all the poisonous things such as mosquito repellants and cleansing material away from them.
4) Every care should be taken with play stuff of children, in case they function on batteries and electricity be extra careful as they may cause electrical accidents to them.
5) While the children are in the kitchen see to that things such as knives and other sharp tools are not within their reach. They should also be put away from gas stove area.
6) All the kitchen appliances that involve electricity application should be kept in a shelf and locked so that children won’t mingle with them and invite unwanted problems.
7) The toilet material present in bathrooms such as shampoos, soaps, razors and other stuff should be out of reach of children.
8) It is also better to use skid-proof tiles in bathrooms so that children do not skid.
9) Be very careful with steps as children keep moving without your notice. See to that the steps have proper lighting. Also, fix gates at the beginning and end of steps. The railing for the steps should not have many gaps.
10) The railing should not have glass and frames, prefer wooden designs.
11) Use child-proof electrical sockets to keep the child away from shocks.
12) Also, the floor should have soft and cushiony carpets. These will save the child from injuries when they skid or fall down.
13) The play material of the children should be blunt.
Follow these tips on safety in the home for children and save your child from unexpected accidents and mishaps.