Vertigo is a condition associated with a feeling of giddiness or dizziness, which is the result of difficulty in the ear (vestibular labyrinth region). Patients suffering from vertigo are under a feeling that everything around them is spinning or moving, even though they are in a static position. This situation can be experienced even when the eyes are closed. Patients may even undergo a feeling of nausea or may even lose balance. Few times allergies results in building up of fluid like substance in the middle of the ear, this might as well cause vertigo.
Let us now see the symptoms, causes and treatment for vertigo.
Symptoms of vertigo:
- A feeling that each and everything we look at are rotating
- Facing difficulty to stand stiff and walk properly
- Facial paralysis
- Weak limbs
- Everything looks double
- Facing difficulty in swallowing
- Difficulty in hearing and focusing
- Blurred vision
- Ear pain
Vertigo is the result of many factors in action such as
- High cholesterol level
- Infection of the inner part of the ear
- Motion sickness
- Brain tumor
- Thyroid disease
- Diseases related to blood vessels
- Extended bed rest
- Injuries related to head
- Deficiency of calcium
- Meniere’s disease
- Certain types of medicines
- Reduced vision
- Tumors in the cerebellum
- Multiple sclerosis
Home remedies for vertigo:
- Vertigo is the result of lack of proper sleep as said earlier so have a good and sound sleep. Have at least eight hours of sleep.
- Coriander seeds are nature’s best remedy for vertigo. Take one tsp of coriander seeds and gooseberry powder; soak both of them well in water for overnight. Strain the water and add ½ tsp of sugar to it and consume it in the morning.
- Take 2tps wheat grain, watermelon seeds and almonds (8 each), poppy seeds in 1tsp, soak all of them in water for night. The next day morning use all these ingredients to make a thick cream. Once this is done take a pan and heat it, once heated add 1 tsp ghee and fry two cloves in ghee and finally add the thick cream that you have made, take it out and add this to milk and consume each day for 7 days. You will drastically lessen vertigo.
- Lemon is also one natural remedy to treat vertigo. Take one glass of warm water. Add pinch of black pepper and slight salt. Squeeze ½ limes into it, shake well and sip for relieving vertigo. Even adding lemon to food also helps in curing vertigo.
- Keep body hydrated, drink loads of water, this is the easiest of all the remedies. Add ginger to water, this too will help. Drink juices, more of strawberry.
Almond milk consumption and daily exercising are also good to beat vertigo.