When the body needs water for metabolism, symptoms such as dry throat, feeling thirsty and headache are common. Everyone experiences this in general once or twice. But if the situation is permanent then it is an indication of some health problem. When one experiences constant thirst and urge to drink water more times than needed then it is known as excessive thirst or Polydipsia. In this present article, we shall see the tips to fight excessive thirst.
These following are home remedies for excessive thirst.
1) Take 1 teaspoon of sandalwood powder, 2 teaspoons of honey and 2 teaspoons of Indian gooseberry juice. Mix these entire well and drink daily or when you feel thirsty. It will not only help in quenching thirst but will also stop nausea.
2) Lemon, as we know, is one fruit rich in vitamin C and it also has all the proprieties needed to fight thirst. Squeeze one lemon in a glass of cold water and add 4 spoons of sugar to this lemon water. Stir them well and consume to beat thirst.
3) Take equal quantities of sugar and sarsaparilla. Boil it to make syrup. Add water equal to a half amount of the syrup and drink. This is also the best remedy to fight excessive thirst.
4) The easiest way to beat thirst during summer is to drink cold water by adding half spoon of salt to it. This can be followed as and when you feel thirsty. This salt water will assist in restoring the salts lost from the body due to excessive sweating.
5) Drinking cream less buttermilk as many times as possible will also help you in saving the situation.
6) The other best and healthy way to drink buttermilk is to add curry leaves, lemon juice and a pinch of salt. Mix them well and keep drinking now and then.
7) Make syrup by taking 220 grams of water and 50 grams of jaggery. Boil them well and you get syrup. Add little lemon juice and pepper powder to it and drink. This is an effective way of beating thirst and also giving iron to the body.
8) Even curd rice is one best natural solution for excessive thirst. Add onion slices and pinch of salt and take it.
9) Sugarcane juice is also one best option to beat thirst. Add a pinch of pepper powder, a small slice of ginger and a teaspoon of lemon juice and drink it.
10) Make syrup by boiling equal amounts of pomegranate juice and sugar. Drink 2 teaspoons of it for three times daily and you can feel lesser thirsty.
11) All the citrus family fruits and watermelon are also best options for beating thirst.
Follow these natural tips to fight Polydipsia and be free from it naturally.