Banana flower is not only a treat to eye but is also tasty to tongue. Here different recipes to try using it. Here we go with banana flower recipes.
1) Banana flower kofta curry:
- 1 banana flower
- 2 potatoes
- 100 grams gram flour
- 4 green chilies
- 1 teaspoon of Asafoetida
- Required amounts of salt and turmeric
- 2 tablespoons of tomato pulp
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of ghee
- 1 teaspoon of spice mix powder
- 2 bay leafs
- Required amount of water
- 100 grams of oil
- Place the banana flower in pressure cooker, add required amount of water and boil for 20 minutes.
- Allow it to cool and mash it to paste.
- Add salt, sugar, turmeric and gram flour to this paste.
- Now make small balls using this paste and fry in oil and place them aside.
- Now fry the potatoes slices mildly in oil.
- Once they are semi-boiled add tomato pulp, chilies, salt and required amount of water and boil all of them till potatoes are boiled well.
- Add boiled balls to it and boil for 10 minutes.
- Finally add spice powder and ghee, mix well and take it off from stove.
That’s it tasty and healthy curry is ready. It goes well for rice and other things.
2) Banana flower curry:
- Rice – 1 teaspoon
- 2 teaspoons of mustard seeds
- 3 red chilies
- Pinch of Turmeric powder
- Pinch of Asafoetida
- Required amount of salt
- 2 tablespoons of ghee
- Turmeric pulp in 2 tablespoons
- 2 dry chilies
- Required amount of curry leaves
- 1 tablespoon of black gram powder
- Clean the banana flower thoroughly.
- Cut the flower into small pieces.
- Take them in a pan, add water, turmeric powder and salt and boil well.
- Take mustard seeds and rice. Soak them in water for 15 minutes and mix with red chilies and make thick paste out of these.
- Add ghee to pan. Add black gram, dry chili, Asafoetida and curry leaves. Fry them well and add boiled flower to it.
- Also add rice powder (you get it by grinding the rice which you have soaked for 15 minutes along with other items) to it. Boil it for few minutes. Keep mixing in between.
- Remove it from stove and keep it without lid for some time and it is ready to eat.
Try these two healthy recipes using banana flowers. Though the recipes take more time they are worth it due to the taste and also health benefits you drive from the ingredients used in these two recipes.